TereoTech is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its End Users and this document is intended to inform TereoTech’s End Users on the policies that govern the use of information End Users provide TereoTech during the course of using TereoTech’s TereoTime Business App and/or TereoTime Employee App, and/or associated websites.
It covers TereoTech’s handling of two categories of information:
- Personal data that we handle through our Face Recognition capabilities on TereoTime Business App and TereoTime Employee App (“Service Data”): Under data protection laws, TereoTech is considered a “processor” of this data.
- Personal data we handle for delivering the service through our TereoTime Apps and associated websites (“Business Data”): This includes data provided to TereoTech by Employees and/or Contractors and/or Users of TereoTime Employee App. This also includes data provided by a Representative, Employee, or Contractor of an organization / institution when activating TereoTime Business App. Under data protection laws, TereoTech is a “controller” of this data as well as personal data of Visitors to our website.
- Collection of Service Data and Business Data
TereoTech enables Representatives, Employees, Contractors and authorized Users within an organization (“End Users”) to mark their Attendance using TereoTech’s TereoTime Business App and/or TereoTime Employee App, both of which are Face Recognition Technology driven Apps.
We require End Users to use the following approach when deploying TereoTime Apps within their organization or on their devices:
- The Use of TereoTime App is optional and requires the End User’s explicit consent when activating TereoTime Business App or TereoTime Personal App
- To use TereoTech’s Service, the End User provides photos of themselves when registering on TereoTime App (Service Data)
- End Users provide TereoTech with personal data that consists of, and is not limited to, contact details, professional details (e.g., Designation), and Company details
- End Users provide TereoTech with their Attendance data by using TereoTime Apps to mark their Attendance
We also receive Business Data from third-party sources where it may be relevant such as GeoLocation data from Google Services. Furthermore, TereoTech may use other automated data collection tools to enhance its services.
- Use of Personal Data
We use the Service Data and Business Data collected as described below.
- TereoTech authenticates and registers End Users as authorized End Users of TereoTime Apps and associated websites
- To send the individuals information about App Activation credentials and login credentials to TereoTime web portals and TereoTime Apps, as well as information about our products and services, including marketing communications;
- TereoTech authenticates the End User when the End User attempts to mark their Attendance using TereoTime App
- TereoTech uses Google’s GeoLocation services to record the GeoLocation of Users when they use TereoTime Employee App for marking their Attendance
- TereoTech uses the information collected to deliver customized Attendance reports to End Users that is specific to them
- To respond to the individuals’ questions, concerns, or customer service inquiries;
- To analyze market conditions and use of our services;
- To customize the content and advertising seen on TereoTime Business and TereoTime Employee Apps as well as across the Internet, and elsewhere;
- To create and use aggregated information for any of the purposes above;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern our business and online properties;
- To comply with the law and protect rights, safety and property;
- In connection with a business sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets or reorganization; or
- For other purposes requested or permitted by our customers or End Users.
TereoTech may share Service Data with our affiliates, Service Partners and other entities that help us with any of the above.
- Personal Data Rights and Choices
To exercise any rights you have under privacy or data protection law regarding your Service Data (such as rights to delete your Facial Recognition Data), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal Basis for Processing Business Data
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to inform End Users about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds for processing Business Data are as follows:
- To honor our commitments to End Users with respect to the use of TereoTime Apps and their related web portals: Much of our processing of personal data is to meet our TereoTime App related obligations to our customers, or to take steps at customers’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of consent
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities such as the following in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Improving our Customer service
- For sustainable Marketing practices
- Protecting our customers, personnel and property
- Analyzing and improving our business
- Managing legal issues
We may also process personal data for the same legitimate interests of our End Users
TereoTech’s TereoTime Apps contain hyperlinks to websites of other providers. In these cases, End Users will be directed from our App directly to the website of the third-party provider. End Users will recognize this, among others, by the activation of their browser and direction to the respective third-party URL.
We cannot assume any responsibility for the confidential handling of your data or the behavior of End User’s Brower, since we have no influence or control on other providers observing the data privacy provisions and performance of their assets. Please obtain information about the way these providers deal with your personal data directly on their websites..
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
TereoTech may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a service for you based on your activation of our TereoTime App
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
- Children’s Privacy
Our Service may be used by Educational Institutions and other Child care organization as part of their security management procedures. In such cases, the Educational Institution or Organization is directly responsible for securing parental consent for anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
TereoTech does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18.
If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- Security and Data Retention
To manage data security risks, we maintain physical, organizational and technical safeguards, which are subject to periodic changes. End Users and other third parties handle personal data subject to their own privacy and security policies or procedures, which we do not control.
- Cookies and Automated Data Collection
In our Apps and on our websites we and third parties may collect certain information by automated means.
The information we collect through these automated means may include unique browser identifiers, IP address, browser and operating system information, device identifiers (such as Android Advertising ID), other device information, Internet connection information, as well as details about individuals’ interactions with our apps, websites and emails (for example, the URL of the third-party website from which you came, the pages on our website that you visit, and the links you click on in our websites).
We and third parties may use automated means to read or write information on users’ devices, such as in various types of cookies and other browser-based or plugin-based local storage (such as HTML5 storage).
TereoTech may use third-party Service Providers to display advertisements to its End Users to help support and maintain our Service.
- AdMob by Google – AdMob by Google is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out from the AdMob by Google service by following the instructions described by Google: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
TereoTech may display advertisements on TereoTime Apps under its Offers section and on the various screens of its App using its own platform. TereoTech will deliver these advertisements based on metadata analysis and profile based ad placements. TereoTech may introduce “ad preferences” to enable End Users to specify the range of advertisements they would prefer to have delivered to their TereoTime Apps.
- Service Partners
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Partners”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- International Data Transfers
- Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, TereoTech may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Legal Requirements
TereoTech may disclose your Personal Data:
- To comply with a legal obligations
- To protect and defend the rights or property of TereoTech Solutions Private Limited
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- Retention of Data
TereoTech will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
- How to Contact Us
TereoTech Solutions Private Limited
Attn: Privacy Officer
127 Damji Shamji Udyog Bhavan, Veera Desai Road, Andheri West, Mumbai 400053